Monday, January 28, 2013

Greek Pasta Salad

I have miserable pregnancies.  When I got to the last trimester of my most recent one, my second daughter, Emmy (13), decided she could help me out by taking over the cooking - and boy did she take over.  She planned the menus, helped me with the shopping (which I did from one of those electric scooters), and cooked for all eight of us - every day for three months!  This kid was awesome!  She even made her dad's lunches for work and (along with her older sister) helped me get the younger kids to do their chores.  I would not have survived this last pregnancy without my two teenage girls.

Anyway, that really has nothing to do with the recipe this week, except to explain why I haven't gotten it up sooner.  Since I wasn't cooking, it was a little hard to blog my recipes - Emmy cooked things that I've already blogged or are so simple that there really seemed no point in sharing the recipes.

On to the recipe... 

My mom always made her macaroni salad the same way.  You know, mayo, relish, olives, tuna fish, etc.  A few years into our marriage, Rock and I discovered a pasta salad mix at the local Sam's Club (or was it Costco?)  and fell in love.  Unfortunately, they only carried it for a few months.  I had to come up with a substitute and this is it.  I call it Greek Pasta Salad as opposed to the American Pasta Salad from my mom (which I make as often as this one).  

Greek Pasta Salad
-1 lb pasta, cooked (I usually use the colored veggie pasta)
-1 can black olives, coarsely chopped
-4-6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
-Sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
-Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing

Toss the pasta, olives, cheese and tomatoes together in a bowl.  Add a cup or so of the dressing and toss again.  Add more dressing if needed.

(My family can eat the entire batch in one sitting.)

Enjoy!
Korrina

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I want to try it. Hope all is going well for you. Give that baby a kiss and tell your hubby hi for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharla! I'll see if I can squeeze in another kiss and Rock says hi back.

      Delete
  2. Yummy! I might try this tonight--I have all the stuff.

    ReplyDelete