Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Super Easy No-Cook Fudge

You don't want to miss this one!

The holidays are upon us and in our house, holidays mean goodies!  I may be jumping the gun just a tiny bit but I want to make sure I have time to share all of my favorites.

This recipe has been a favorite in my house for many years.  I think my mom originally got it off of a product label, but I'm not sure.  (We memorized it the first year and never looked back!)  The variations, however, are entirely mine.

So, without further ado, here it is!

Super Easy No-Cook Fudge
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Melt chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl for a couple of minutes- stirring after every 30 seconds just until melted and smooth. Quickly stir in the milk and then the nuts.  Spread the mixture in the bottom of a foil-lined and greased 8x8 inch pan.  Chill for a couple of hours.  Cut it into pieces and leave out for an hour or so. (This step will keep the pieces from sticking together when stored.  Of course, if you live in my house, the fudge won't make it past the first hour after I make it!)

Try other variations-

Mint Fudge:
Replace the milk chocolate with mint chocolate and leave out the nuts.

Coconut Fudge: (this one's Rock's favorite!)
Replace all of the chocolate with white chocolate, replace the nuts with coconut and add 1/2 teaspoon coconut flavoring.

Cherry Fudge:
Replace the nuts with chopped maraschino cherries and add 1 teaspoon cherry flavoring.

Peanut Butter Fudge:
Use all milk chocolate, replace the walnuts with chopped peanuts, and add a 1/4 cup peanut butter with the milk.

Enjoy!
Korrina


No comments:

Post a Comment