Tuesday, November 20, 2012

BBQ Beans


Korrina's BBQ Beans
3 cans pork and beans
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup barbeque sauce*
3 Tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon mustard
2 Tablespoons dried minced onion
liquid smoke to taste
Mix everything together and warm over low heat until heated through.

*I usually use my mother-in-laws bbq sauce recipe so here it is as well (you get two recipes in one this week):

Linda's Barbecue Sauce

24 ounces ketchup
3-7 drops liquid smoke
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
2/3 cup brown sugar
Mix everything together and pour what you don't need back into the ketchup bottle.  Make sure you label it so you don't confuse it with the ketchup.  (They are very similar in color.)

Actually, I remember eating this sauce in high school.  Linda was a school cook at my high school and I'll bet that's where she got this recipe.  Anyway...

Enjoy!
Korrina

No comments:

Post a Comment