Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blueberry Wedding Cake

So, the recipe this week is a dessert that I call Blueberry Wedding Cake.  I didn't make up this recipe- someone told me how to do it years ago and I've just never forgotten (not that it's that difficult).  The reason I call it Blueberry Wedding Cake is because that is what we served the guests at our wedding nearly 15 years ago.  FYI, it looks nothing like a wedding cake.  You can also make Cherry Wedding Cake by substituting a can of cherry pie filling for the blueberry.

I don't have a picture of this because it was gone about 10 minutes after I made it last week.  That's what happens when you have 8 people and one cake.

Anyway, enough rambling- here it is:

Blueberry Wedding Cake

1 white cake mix                             1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 8oz cont whipped topping             1 cup powdered sugar
1 can blueberry or cherry pie filling
Make cake according to package directions in 13x16 pan.  Bake and cool.  Beat cream cheese, whipped topping, and powdered sugar together until smooth.  Spread over cooled cake.  Top with pie filling.

Yum!

Enjoy,
Korrina

P.S. NOT a good recipe for those on a diet!  Although, substituting fat-free neufchatel cheese and whipped topping will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment