Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fruit Bars

This is a recipe I got from my mom. She used to make these for us all the time when we were kids.  She usually made them with some of her homemade raspberry jam.  I made them today with the store-bought stuff since I'm pretty much out of any homemade jams.  Also, I usually double the recipe but again, there are eight of us.

Fruit Bars
1 1/2 cup flour                       
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt                   
1 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar                 
3/4 cup margarine
1 cup jam or preserves, any flavor
Sift together dry ingredients. Add the oats and the sugar. Cut in the margarine to make a bowlful of crumbs. Press half of the crumbs in the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan. Spread the jam over the top and sprinkle on the rest of the crumbs.  Pat them down a little to make a top crust.  Bake at 375F for 35 minutes.  Cool before cutting.

Enjoy!
Korrina

No comments:

Post a Comment