Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Chicken Pie

So here goes... Rock absolutely loves my chicken pie.  I started making this not long after we were married (almost 15 years ago!) and it has changed and evolved a bit over the years (hopefully for the better).  I usually make 2 of these for our family- sometimes we only eat one and I just freeze the other unbaked.  Anyway, here it is:

Korrina's Chicken Pie
2 pie crusts                                                 
3 (abt 1 1/2 lbs) chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil                                 
2 pkg chicken gravy mix
1 cup milk                                                   
1 cup water
1 teaspoon curry powder                            
pepper to taste
32 oz mixed veggies (corn, carrots, green beans, peas), thawed
Line a pie plate with 1 of the pie crusts and bake at 375 for 10 minutes or so until golden brown.  Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.  Cube the chicken breasts and cook in the oil until done. (I sometimes sprinkle a little curry powder on the chicken while it's cooking.)  Whisk together the gravy mix, seasonings and milk.  Add the water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Pile (that's a culinary term) the chicken and the veggies in the pie crust.  Pour the gravy over the top.  Add the top crust to the pie and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or so until everything is hot and the top crust is nice and brown.

Like I said, this is Rock's favorite and the kids like it a lot too.  Oddly enough, I'm the one who can't stand it.  I just don't like my veggies all mixed together with all of that other stuff.  But don't let my opinion stop you from trying the recipe.  I'm super picky and I cook stuff I don't like all the time.

Enjoy!
Korrina

P.S.  Oh my gosh!  I didn't realize I posted two chicken recipes in a row.  Honest, we do eat other things besides chicken in our house.  How does beef stew sound for next week?  Hmm, I'm seeing a comfort foods trend here.  Can anyone say "midwinter blues"?

No comments:

Post a Comment