Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Marshmallow Bird Nests

I know this recipe has been around forever but it's one of my favorites for Easter.  Of course, I love cereal treats any time of year but this is when I get to put jelly beans with them.

Marshmallow Bird Nests
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
40 regular marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups chow mein noodles
jelly beans

Melt the butter in a big saucepan over low heat.  Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth.  (I overheated the marshmallow in the batch I photographed and they did not mix up well, but I'm sure you get the idea.)  Add the chow mein noodles and stir well.  Spread some foil out on the counter and spray it with cooking spray.  Butter your hands and grab a small handful of the marshmallow mixture.  Working quickly, form the handful into a nest shape and lay on the foil.  Put a couple of jellybeans on the nest while it is still warm so they will stick.  Repeat for the rest of the mixture.  Wrap the nests in plastic wrap and put them in your kids' Easter baskets so you don't eat them all yourself. :P  (That's the only problem I have with these!)

Enjoy!
Korrina

No comments:

Post a Comment