Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Honey Mustard Chicken

So, here we go.  This week's recipe is Honey Mustard Chicken.  I'm not sure where it came from- I think I tweaked a recipe I found in a cookbook somewhere.  At any rate, all of the kids love it (although the 11-year-old claimed she didn't really like the sauce and proceeded to ask for seconds), even my 18-month-old.  I served it with wild rice pilaf and brussels sprouts (which I think are disgusting but the kids all love).  Enough chatter- here's the recipe:

Honey Mustard Chicken
8 boned, skinned chicken breast halves                            
¼ c Dijon mustard                                                
¼ c honey
2 Tbsp. olive oil                                                    
¾ c mozzarella, shredded
Flatten chicken by placing between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pounding with a rolling pin or the side of a meat mallet. Salt and pepper chicken and pan-fry in olive oil, turning often, for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Mix together mustard and honey in a small bowl.  Spread about one tablespoon sauce on each chicken breast and sprinkle with mozzarella.  Turn off heat and cover until cheese has melted.

By the way, as you can see, this recipe makes quite a bit of chicken.  There are 8 of us so I have to make pretty big meals.  You may need to halve or even quarter it depending on how many are in your household.

(Just keep in mind that I am neither chef nor food photographer. :) I'm just a mom and wife who loves to eat and feed her family good food.)

Enjoy!
Korrina

No comments:

Post a Comment